Another new installer version has just been released for all platforms. I’ve spent a lot of time optimising and improving the networking code, so this version should be a lot faster, smoother and also (especially on Windows) the user interface should be more responsive.
Also, the Mac version is now a Disk Image download, with a customised look and feel.
The full release notes:
- The intensive local file checking process is now threaded, improving application responsiveness and redraw. The improvements are especially noticeable on Windows.
- Both intensive file operations now yield some time to other threads to improve application responsiveness and redraw. The improvements are especially noticeable on Windows.
- The install operation is now much faster, and can make full use of fast Internet connections.
- The Mac and Windows installers are now code signed, meaning they will not be blocked from running.
- The Windows installer now runs as an administrator, using the proper UAC mechanism, specified in the application’s Manifest.
- The Mac installer is now distributed as a Disk Image (DMG) with a custom design.
- Cross-platform bugs in the license confirmation dialog fixed.
Download the new versions from the OpenSceneryX Home Page.