We now have a public beta of the installer available for testing. If you are happy testing pre-release software, please download this version and give it a try.
The headline new features are:
- The Mac installer now provides support for the default Steam location. A new button allows you to select the Steam folder if it exists.
- The installer now includes the Backup Library that chris k originally built and einstein continues to expand and maintain. This means that if you have OpenSceneryX installed, you no longer need the Backup Library. The installer allows you to choose whether the placeholders used are visible or invisible – the visible ones should be bright red.
- The Mac version is now a full Cocoa application.
- There are three Linux versions: x86-32 bit, x86-64 bit and ARM 32 bit.
- The installer should be a bit more robust if your network connection is interrupted.
- The Mac version supports Retina displays at high resolution.
The latest public beta downloads are available from the Support page.
If you have any problems, please either reply to this post (you’ll need to register as a user of the site if you haven’t already) or get in touch using the contact form.