Happy New Year! To celebrate 2019, here’s a new version of OpenSceneryX. Highlights:
- New scenery objects in this version:
- Incorporated FlyAgi Wind Turbine Library by FlyAgi into OpenSceneryX, which includes 40 animated wind turbines in a variety of heights and styles.
- Incorporated FlyAgi Vegetation Library by FlyAgi into OpenSceneryX, including:
- A set of ‘forests’ of volumentric grass, in a variety of shades.
- A set of ‘forests’ of volumetric flowers, vines and shrubs.
- A large set of 265 higher definition forests.
- An additional Acer (Maple) tree, in a variety of heights, using the same high definition texture as the new forests.
- An additional two Quercus (Oak) trees, in a variety of heights, using the same high definition texture as the new forests.
- A Corylus (Hazel) tree, in a variety of heights, using the same high definition texture as the new forests.Thank you Agi for offering this merge, it is really appreciated.
- Modified scenery objects in this version:
- The USA Hawaiian forests were empty and using a blank texture, which has been the case since they were first added. We now use pacific_lowlandinstead, as the closest match.
- Added TILTED attribute to all appropriate objects so they follow sloped terrain. Affects aircraft, vehicles, some furniture and some people.
- Other changes:
- Removed all unnecessary EXPORT_BACKUP lines for RE_Library backup library.
- Third party libraries are now exported using EXPORT_BACKUP instead of DEPRECATED EXPORT entries. Means that if both OpenSceneryX and the source library are installed, the source library takes precedence, which is important when it is still being actively maintained and updated and may be ahead of OpenSceneryX.
- Replaced the Backup Library with the latest v2.0.0 version.
- Individual screenshots generated for all European forests.
- Individual screenshots generated for all US forests.
- Added a set of simHeaven export paths so they don’t have to copy actual objects out of OpenSceneryX on installation of their packages. These new paths will be used in the next releases of VFR Landmarks and X-Europe.
- Now write a version.txt file containing the version number and date into the library folder, for utilities such as xOrganiser to use.
As always, if you already have a recent version of the installer, just re-run it to update your install. If you need a new installer, grab it from the home page.
Have fun with the new stuff, and a huge thank you to all the contributors.